#1 mrsaucoinbackfor3

mrsaucoinbackfor3

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

This is my third child that we never thought we would have. With this being said I have given everything away. Would it be OK to have a baby shower? I had one with my other two

#2 kenzie0713

kenzie0713

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

I think its always ok to have a baby shower but have heard a lot of people say that unless its been several years or you are having a child of a sex that you've never had then that's the only time it is acceptable. If you need stuff, I say go for it mama!! The ones that love you will attend!!

#3 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

I agree I mean usually it is done if it's been awhile or your having baby of different gender. But if you think a lot of people will show up and get you the things you need then I don't see why not. We just had our second and they are only two years apart and both girls. And I had a baby shower mainly to get together with people I haven't seen in awhile because of our move and they were all except for couple people that weren't at my shower for our first daughter so it was more casual get together but we still had lots baby themed stuff and games everyone had a lot of fun. And I didn't ask for anything big since I already had everything and people still showed up and bought us things. So I'm sure you will benefit from it. If anything it's fun!

#4 Alida

Alida

Heavy Poster

• Administrators
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

@mrsaucoinbackfor3, congrats with your third pregnancy! Are you excited? You should definitely have a shower. People will decide for themselves if they wanna come or not, maybe you'll receive enough to get you started. Oh, I'm sooooo jealous. I'm so torn if we should have another one, so in awe of parents who go for it. Thinking to much with the ole mind :D   

#5 mrsaucoinbackfor3

mrsaucoinbackfor3

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I want to have a shower we were not going to have anymore so i have nothing for this baby too

#6 M.A.N.03+1

M.A.N.03+1

Moderate Poster

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Like everyone else has said, go for it and those who want to help will and those who dont wont. I was told i'm having one with this little boy (he is number 4) but its my SO first so its to make his family happy. If anything ask for what you need and if your ok with it tell everyone that it can be second hand with some of the bigger things. Thats what I did with my friends, if they had anything baby taking up space in their homes that they werent ever going to need again I said I would love to have it. You get 2 birds that way they gain space and you know who used it and that it was taken care of and no boxes to have to do away with. :-)

#7 HumbledEnuff

HumbledEnuff

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yes. Everyone I know who has more than one child has had a shower for each baby. I guess it depends on your friends and family. If you know they'll show up then invite them. If someone offers to throw you one and you want one let them. I'm all for celebrating each individual child, why should the first child get everything?

Congratulations on your third child.

#8 Mama Kat

Mama Kat

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

my only advice is not to be too disappointed if some people either don't bring a gift or if they ssy something negative about it. my family told me it was rude to want a shower for my first daughter because I had one with my first child...... nevermind that the most expensive thing I had got was a case of diapers. some people just have a very rigid way of thinking. personally, I think all new life should be celebrate! :)

#9 Sanajntah

Sanajntah

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

It definitely depends on family and friends. Having baby showers where I am from is very much acceptable, and appraised. You can never go wrong with a baby shower lol

#10 Kitty

Kitty

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

Pregnant with baby #3 and I'm having a shower, I have an 11yr old boy, 6 yr old girl already which shouldn't affect the celebration of a baby. That's the point of a shower to celebrate the birth of this new baby not only the first??!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users