14 replies to this topic

#1 RockiesPurple

RockiesPurple

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

So my son will be 5 months old on the 1st of January and we are still exclusively breastfeeding. Lately, I've been having really crazy, vivid dreams and my face is breaking out really bad.... which in the past correlates to pregnancy for me. I know pregnancy is possible while breastfeeding, so we are making sure we're protected. I feel like I've had ovulation symptoms since 12 weeks post partum or so, however, I've not started my period. Is it possible to keep ovulating, but not have a period?

#2 jessibear16

jessibear16

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOrangevale, California

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yes you can ovulate without having a period. many people get pregnant while breastfeeding.

#3 jessibear16

jessibear16

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationOrangevale, California

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yes you can ovulate without having a period. many people get pregnant while breastfeeding.

#4 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Very possible. Have you tested? You won't know anything until you do.

#5 HumbledEnuff

HumbledEnuff

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

It's possible.  A few women on my September 2013 Birth Club on babycenter are already pregnant and two of them were breastfeeding. Most of them are in their 10th to 14th week of pregnancy.

I would test to make sure and put your mind at ease.

#6 RockiesPurple

RockiesPurple

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

I know you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I didn't know if you can ovulate and never get a period. Everything I've read says you ovulate 2 weeks before your returning period while bfing. I tested today and it was negative. Just curious if I've really been ovulating every month or if it's just discharge since I've not had a post partum period yet. @HumbledEnuff @Jules @jessibear16

#7 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Well I would assume that one would have to have at least some spotting if ovulation since the old would be coming out. If you haven't had any blood at all then u haven't ovulated. If you had any then most likely you have been ovulating that last couple months. I don't think you can ovulate and not very period after therefore..or at least some discharge. Might be very light.

#8 RockiesPurple

RockiesPurple

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

@Jules no spotting at all so it must just be discharge lol our bodies do some pretty weird things. Thanks for the input :) hope things are well and you guys are adjusting well with the new baby!

#9 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yea sounds like it. Thanks im doing pretty well with two thanks to Scarlett being such good girl! If she wasn't I would probably be going crazy since its just me majority of the time with my hubby working soo much and nights. We went to my aunts for Christmas they both did great in the car tomorrow we leave for 6 hr car ride hope it goes just as well :)

#10 HumbledEnuff

HumbledEnuff

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

It's probably discharge. I have been having major discharge since I had Eli. I talked to my OB she said it was normal long as it has no smell.

#11 RockiesPurple

RockiesPurple

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

@HumbledEnuff good to know, thanks and @Jules glad to hear things are going smoothly. My husband works nights and really long shifts so I know what ya mean about being alone majority of the time. It's tough at times, but we manage. I can't wait for them to really be able to play together. My 5 month old is so intrigued by my 2 year old. He just laughs and giggles watching him

#12 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Aww that's cute! Yea im looking forward to the day they keep each other entertained. Right now my two year old still needs me for many things but she plays well on her own. And baby is only 3 weeks so everything is still on demand. I'm slowly getting little routine going so she can start sleeping better.

#13 HopefulMom2Be

HopefulMom2Be

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

You continue to ovulate while breastfeeding with or without a period, which is why so many end up pregnant afterwards. My period started about 3 or 4 months after birth. My cycle was monthly but not consistent. While you're breastfeeding you are usually irregular so it's hard to determine when you're ovulating.

#14 mommyof2boys1225

mommyof2boys1225

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hello I am new to this I have a question I had sex on Feb 1 and I took a opk and it came out very positive then on Feb 4 I had spotting like 2 drops but I also had a yeast infection could the pills made me spot or am I pregnant.

#15 HumbledEnuff

HumbledEnuff

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

@mommyof2boys1225 we can't answer that. You need to take a pregnancy test and go to your OBGYN for that answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users