2 replies to this topic

#1 Magally15

Magally15

Moderate Poster

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

My boyfriend and i are having alot of financial problems at the moment. Alot of our bills are past due and its getting me so stressed out, my boyfriend has one job at the moment and i dont work just stay home with my daughter. Im due in the first weeks of february and im still in need of some baby supplies and i dont know if we can afford it since all his checks goes to the bills, hes currently looking for a 2nd job but its so hard since hes getting his Ged at the moment as well as i am getting my HS diploma. Im thinking of doing a side job like babysit for other moms in my area but i dont know what i need or how much to charge just to babysit a couple days and hours. I live in the state of minnesota and i have no family here since all my family is in texas and i live with my boyfriend so im pretty much on my own most of the time. Any advice will be appreciated thanks and sorry for my post im just so stressed out.

#2 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

Well you should go on care.com and add yourself as a sitter in your area. And on there u will see what others charge. My advice since u really need the money is possibly offer better price. You know as a mother that everyone looks for someone they think they can trust, nice, put together. Once all the qualifications are met it comes down to who has the best price as most like to save their money. Also on that website u can list other things you are willing to do. I myself would never have a sitter do my laundry or nothing. But its good to list those things I know it makes me feel better knowing that if they r willing most likely they r organized therefore not lazy and will leave my home in good shape just how I left it. Also if you have friends with kids just tell them honestly about your situation and im sure next time they need sitter they would rather use you then some random person. I hope your bf finds second job. I know it's hard but try not to stress God always provides! It will be ok.

#3 tjscrd

tjscrd

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I think babysitting is a great idea when you're home with your child already! I used to babysit on the side for extra money and also so my son could have a playmate. I'm from Minnesota as well and I used to just post on local Facebook groups that I was available, what I could do, and a little about myself and my kids. I wasn't in dire need of the money at the time so I would always negotiate with the parent on price since I've been where I could not afford a sitter, so it would vary. The parents provided the necessities and I just provided food when needed and the time. Having two young ones I already had everything else I'd need "just in case."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users