5 replies to this topic

#1 nikkitamcam

nikkitamcam

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

I am 14 weeks pregnant and the baby is healthy but i want to quit smoking because this is my first baby. Any tips on this? I am trying so hard but keep falling back into it.

#2 Mama Kat

Mama Kat

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

instead of focusing on quitting cold turkey, start by committing to cutting back & work towards a goal of quitting by the end of a month or something. try chewing straws or gum to help the process. remember that.stress is your enemy in this. maybe some relaxation techniques or meditation or even yoga would.help! :) good luck!!

#3 martin

martin

Regular Poster

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

@nikkitamcam First of all, welcome! @Mama Kat gave some good tips, hopefully they will help you. I can add that there also are apps who can help you, just search for "quit smoking" in Google Play.

Keep us posted about how you are doing!

#4 nikkitamcam

nikkitamcam

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thank you for all the advice and help stress is my biggest issue right now and I am fifteen weeks. I am starting to get the `pregnancy glow` along with all the acne that comes with it. I am trying to decide whether or not to keep the sex unknown.

#5 Alida

Alida

Heavy Poster

• Administrators
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

@nikkitamcam, Welcome to Pregly  :)  Stress is horrible and just thinking about stressing out makes it even harder to relax. Just now that the 'pregnancy glow' will fade away after you give birth, same with the acne. I had both in spades and the gradually disappeared after birth! 

#6 mrsaucoinbackfor3

mrsaucoinbackfor3

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I smoked with my first. I cut down so much but was never able to stop 100% until the day he was born. It was super hard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users