Photo
- - - - -

So Daddy's Place Has A Bong.... Would I Be In The Wrong To Keep My Son Away?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kryssie

Kryssie

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, Texas

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

Sorry it's long.

I have a 2 yr old son. His father was ordered last August, almost a year ago, to start paying child support, and he hasn't made a single payment ever, nor has he had a job since 2012. he basically lives off his girlfriend these days. The child support office just sent out the final delinquency letter (the 3rd one) that gives him ANOTHER 30 days to make a payment before they decide whether or not to do anything about the case. I asked him if he would make a payment and he said he'd LIKE to but he has no job. (Duh...) He proceeded to tell me that he's not worried because he knows "how it goes," that he'll only get four months of probation and that's it. He's used to that probation life, so it's no big deal for him.

Meanwhile, he is still taking my son for visitation rights and now he is grossly disrespecting me via text, phone, and in person. Lots of cussing and name calling, that's what I get from him. I don't delete any text messages, and I keep all the pictures he sends me, and screenshots of his facebook.

I know for a fact he is living with his girlfriend, and I know she smokes weed, and probably does more than that. He used to be on probation because of drug charges and I wouldn't doubt that if he took a urine analysis now, he'd be dirty for marijuana at the least. He uploaded a picture to facebook of him at home and there is a giant bong on the floor next to him, and he even commented on it, "Oh I didn't even notice the bong lol." I also know for a fact that he took that picture the same day he had my son with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want my son in that kind of environment. I don't smoke or do drugs, and I feel my son deserves to grow up in a drug free environment. His dad and his dad's mom both have addictive personalities that led them to drugs and alcohol. I feel Riley's best shot in life would be with me, away from that party life his dad still leads.

This weekend is supposed to be his weekend to have Riley, and I don't want to hand him over. Would I be in the wrong to keep him from him? What can I do? Does anyone know? :/ He used to be in drug court for the longest time, and I remember peer pressure is what always made him fall off the wagon. Well he only got off probation because of time served in the end, and his sister has told me that his girlfriend (who also has two small children) does smoke weed.

Why should I be cool with him smoking pot AND having my son this weekend?

#2 Mijita

Mijita

New Poster

• +Originals
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

Is visitation court ordered?

#3 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

U can go file emergency visitation the fact that u don't want ur child in that environment right now. They most likely will give it to you bc of his previous charges. But if u have court order that ur child is supposed to be with the father this weekend and u don't get that emergency paperwork and just decide to basically not hand the child over u will be charged I'm sure u don't wanna mess with that. Yes your child's safety is first but when it comes to the courts the there are specific rules u break it u pay for it. So if u were given rule of having ur child visit and don't follow through there could be cops at ur door

#4 Sanajntah

Sanajntah

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

You definitely shouldn't be ok with him smoking pot while in the care of your son. With all the evidence you do have, you should bring that to the attention of your lawyer and or judge. But if he has visitation court ordered, you dont have a option. You have to bring him,just try to get his visitation ooverturned . Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users