7 replies to this topic

#1 HopefulMom2Be

HopefulMom2Be

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Has anyone else gotten pregnant while on the "mini" pill? I have a 5mo and am breastfeeding so I'm on the mini. I'll admit that I'm really bad at taking it, but when I take it late or miss it, we don't have sex for a couple days. I occasionally take a test because I haven't had a period since May 2013. I took one yesterday and it was positive. I was shocked so I went back out and bought another one - also positive. Both times the line showed up instantly and was really dark. I'm calling the Dr today because I have no idea how far along I am.
This will make baby number 3, which neither of us wanted, especially right now. My husband is furious (not with me) because he wanted to get a vasectomy right away and I was making him wait a couple years to be sure it's what we really wanted.
Now I'm worried about the side effects of getting pregnant on the pill and continuing to take it since I have no idea when I got pregnant.

#2 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

I personally have not done birth control have used protection basically and kept track of ovulation. But I know many have gotten pregnant on the mini pill even when taken on track and with any birth control when not done exactly what it says it's basically pointless to take it. And im sure u know breastfeeding is no birth control. I would discontinue taking your birth control right away since you are pregnant. However as far as side effects of u being pregnant and taking the mini pill so far research has shown it resulting in an ectopic pregnancy. Therefore I would tell the office when making your appointment that you need to be seen right away since you do not know how far along you are and have been taken birth control the entire time. Good luck hopefully that is not th case for you.

#3 HopefulMom2Be

HopefulMom2Be

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

@Jules
I stopped taking it yesterday. I just don't know how long I've been taking it. I don't usually take birth control but without a period, it's impossible to know when I'm ovulation. Especially since breastfeeding puts you're cycle out off wack.
Thanks for sharing the info about ectopics.I had an ectopic a few years ago and lost one of my tubes. I was only supposed to get lab work done but I called and talked to my actual Dr abd he got me in for an ultrasound today.

#4 Jones919

Jones919

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

My first was a pill baby and she was just fine. I took it for about a month before I found out I was pregnant with her

#5 HopefulMom2Be

HopefulMom2Be

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

UPDATE:

On Tuesday I had beta levels drawn and had an ultrasound. At the ultrasound I measured 5 weeks 4 days. We saw the gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. The tech and dr said this can be normal around this time so I have another ultrasound next Wednesday.The next day I got the results from the beta test and my hcg levels were 17,000. The dr said typically with levels that high you see more development. Since I haven't had a period in over a year, we're not sure when I conceived so either I'm around 5.5 weeks and have high levels or I'm further along and measuring smaller. The doctor seemed positive but basically said it can go either way at this point. We just have to wait until next week.

I've had two miscarriages in the past and an ectopic. With all the ultrasounds we have seen over the last 3 or 4 years, my husband and I don't have high hopes for this pregnancy. With my daughter I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and we were able to see her (I was just looking at the u/s pics with her). In between her and my son, I had a miscarriage. I had an u/s at 5 weeks and there was no baby - followed up once a week and nothing every developed past the yolk sac.

I know there is a possibility that it is a viable pregnancy, but I have a feeling it's not.

#6 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

Oh man that's tuff situation especially since u have had miscarriages before and and ectopic I'm very sorry u had to go through all of that. However I hope everything turns out okay in this case, especially if u want another. With previous pregnancy when u could see baby did u have levels this high? It really could go either way because of the levels however if they think since levels r high therefore ur further along u should for sure be able to see something. We'll I'm just assuming no professional here..

#7 HopefulMom2Be

HopefulMom2Be

Moderate Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Update from today. I had an ultrasound today. I am 6 weeks and 1 day. The baby had a heartbeat of 123. The doctor said that is a good heartbeat because it probably just started beating.

#8 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

That's great new! Hope your feeling well :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users