1 reply to this topic

#1 MakenzieMariesMommy

MakenzieMariesMommy

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

I have had Mirena for almost 2 years now. I have always had normal periods with it that come the same time every month.

Well this time I had my period at the end of January ended the beginning of February. Yesterday I started spotting (Very light) and its like brown and not super read. I have some cramping but nothing to painful.

Could this be implantation bleeding? Do you get that with Mirena if you get prego on it?

Im not due to get my next period until the end of this month beginning of March so I know it is too early to test. I just know it can be dangerous to be prego with Mirena.

Any information would be great

#2 HumbledEnuff

HumbledEnuff

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

You can get pregnant with the Mirena it is kind of rare but it would be an ectopic pregnancy. When a pregnancy in which the fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, 20K to 200K US cases per year.

28cmzd2.jpg

Most likely the egg would have to be removed because the egg can't survive outside the uterus. If left to grow, it may damage reproductive organs and cause life-threatening loss of blood.

To prevent such complications, the tissue must be removed. If caught early, this may be done with injection of a drug. Or, surgery may be needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users