3 replies to this topic

#1 BrielleD

BrielleD

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I had my first ultrasound done at 5w 3d. Due date was 1/8/14. Due date was predicted by ultrasound. Second ultrasound at 20w 5d actually showed I was 21w 6d. That means my due date changed also to 1/2/14. The ultrasound tech said its probably just a big baby. She also said my baby weighs 1lb already. My previous baby at this same gestation was only half that. Could this just be a big baby.

#2 whitney

whitney

Moderate Poster

• Newbies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Ultrasounds are notoriously bad at predicting weight, I wouldn't worry about it. Just eat healthy foods and eat foods you are craving - there is something in them your body or baby needs. If you crave sweets, just be sure to balance it with savory foods. Remember too that all babies grow at different speeds and gestation varies from anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks. Birth can happen anywhere between those weeks and be totally normal for that baby. Try not to pay too much attention to your due date and just enjoy being pregnant!

#3 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I agree they are always all over the place one will say baby is small then baby is average size offers say big baby and they come out average or even small. I wouldn't worry or over think it too much.

#4 Kitty

Kitty

New Poster

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

I agree with Jules, I was told my baby's were going to be small through ultrasound & both were over 8lbs lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users