Photo
- - - - -

New Blog Post: Do You Worry About Your Child Being Cool?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martin

martin

Regular Poster

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Read the full blog post here: https://www.pregly.c...en-he-is-only-4

#2 Jules

Jules

Heavy Poster

• +Originals
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well my step daughter is going to be 7 in January and that's all her mother cares about in her own life and for her daughter. In her case it hasn't benefited her as an adult and mother and it's showing negative effects on my step daughter as well. It's like cute at first that she wanted her to look amazing and act like diva well now that's she's older and it's effected her personality with everyone around her she's trying to reach out to my husband and I for help. Mainly saying she's being disrespectful in different ways. Some of the things are just age but majority it's how her mother has been raising her and teaching her more about style, looks, acting certain way, even telling her school isn't that imparting that having fun and not going to school for it is ok. So yes I want her and our own girls to look nice and put together. However not because I'm worried if they are going to fit in with the cool kids. I personally think it's more.important to let them be individual yet still she appropriate and tasteful. That way they can develop their own personality, bc I do think clothing has an effect on behavior especially girls. And yes it's still my job to make sure all the kids are nice to people around them and know how to play nice :). If they feel comfortable in what they are wearing they will shine and kids will naturally want to be around them. Just like with adults when we feel good about ourselves we tend to be nicer to others because we don't have issue with self esteem. And let's face it none of us adults or kids want to be around a grump we want to surround ourselves with positive people who will set a good example in making us want to be even better. I rather my kids have few great friends than be around those who are considered the cool kids who most of the time aren't very nice right?! Plus everyone definition of cool is different. That's why I was giving the example of my step daughter and what her mother is teaching her cool means.

#3 Alida

Alida

Heavy Poster

• Administrators
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi Jules,

Cool answer :D ! And that's exactly what I want for my kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users